Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the required fifty signatures on my Nomination Papers, so my campaign for the General Assembly has come to a premature close. There will be no primary on September 9, and it's now up to Peter Martin to unseat Steve Coaty.

I'll continue to cover the race in this blog, but from a position on the sidelines (or as a volunteer with Peter's campaign). The Rhode Island blogosphere will have to survive without reading my response to Planned Parenthood's questionnaire or learning my positions on alternative energy or liquified natural gas terminals, and my proposals to establish a state-run health care service and establish a ban on political robocalls will remain unproposed.

To my handful of readers, especially Nomi Hurwitz, thanks for your encouragement. To the people who signed my Nomination Papers (if any of you are reading this), thanks for your support.

3 comments:

Peter Martin said...

Tom

It has been a pleasure to become reaquainted with you personally, even while you were planning to run as my opponent in the primary.

I had actually looked forward to having an opportunity to 'debate' with you because I respect you, your knowledge, and some of your positions.

I am honored by your offer to support me in my campaign.

Peter Martin
Candidate
District 75
RI House of Representatives

Nomi said...

The political world may have other plans for you, but I still hope you keep your promise and post my email to you with your accompanying response!

I was all ready to start a facebook group for your campaign, dangnabit!

Thomas Kalinowski said...

Peter, just let me know what plans you have for your campaign and what I can do to help.

Nomi, your questions have been answered. My greatest regret about not making the cut will be never seeing your facebook group.