Saturday, July 5, 2008

Puttin' on the Dog

Every day I take my dogs for a walk, and inevitably several people stop and ask me what kind of dogs they are. Since receiving my Nomination Papers, I've been bringing them with me on a clipboard and my "Vote For Me" button whenever I do my dog walking, in case I run into a registered voter. I always manage to get a few signatures this way during my dog walks.

On the 4th of July, as my dogs and I were returning home via Mann Avenue, we came across a block party at the intersection of Mann and Bush. The dogs attracted attention, as they always do, and while I was talking to one of the partygoers, she mentioned that Steve Coaty was present, and was gathering signatures for his Nomination Papers. We soon met and exchanged some friendly words, and wound up signing each others papers. He mentioned having met Peter Martin earlier that day, and I mentioned running into him on Broadway the week before.

I collected a number of signatures at the block party, and whenever anyone asked my what I was running for, I simply mentioned that I was running against Steve, and that was explanation enough.

No comments: